Mommy's Baby Shower


Last Saturday, Mommy had her 1st baby shower courtesy of her office-badminton friends. It was organized by Tita Swellyn who was superhyper that afternoon despite her very preggy condition. It was held at Tito Donovan's home at Casa Andalucia along Visayas Ave. It was raining hard but Mom’s friends were still present to celebrate my pre-natal existence. =) All of Mommy’s friends love food so the first activity was eating of course! Food was great, there was barbeque which I was not able to taste bec mommy did not want to eat it, Lola Idang’s kare-kare which is mom’s favorite, Ariel’s friends in inihaw form, lumpiang shanghai, pancit bihon and fruit salad. The games began after everyone was full, , I heard people screaming and laughing and I assume everyone was having fun. They guessed mommy’s weight, size of her nose, her breast size and waistline….hahaha! Nobody got mommy’s weight correctly, they all thought mom was less then 150 lbs. =). After the games, mommy opened her gifts and all of them were really, really nice. My mom particularly liked Tita Mildred’s gift, 2 PM plush dolls and one Enfant bottle warmer. Mom played with the toys even before I had the chance, and by the time I am out, those dolls would be dirty and I would not be allowed to play with them so I think daddy has to buy me new ones. Hehehe.

After the games and mommy feeling the hot flushes... she still did not forget to show off my 3D picture to her friends. All they can say was “mata mo yata pero matangos ang ilong”. It was such a nice comment according to mommy whose frustration is her cute red nose…=).

I felt mom’s happiness that day so I am pretty sure she had so much fun. Well..till her next baby shower. I guess 2-3 weeks before my birthdate.

0 comments: